1170 Makawao ave
Mon - sun 8am - 7pm
FACIAL CUPPING TECHNIQUES
Start with a clean face. Wash all makeup off.
Apply connective tissue salve or any other facial oil.
Massage the face, neck and clavicle for several minutes before beginning to cup.
The cup yougot at the community clinic is a Chinese cup, so therefore it has strong suction, please moderate suction according to the quality of your skin, you should not be breaking capillaries, use just enough suction to improve blood circulation, you should not be bruising your face. Use very light suction if your skin is fragile.
For professionals, who would like to invest in a quality facial cupping set, go to http://cuppingtherapy.org/ and order the belletazze kit, I work with them and they are worth the investment.
START DRAINAGE DOWN THE NECK AND ACROSS THE CLAVICLE FIRST TO FACILITATE DRAINAGE FROM THE FACE. (Refer to attached image above)
1. Start at the neck and work up the face.
2. The X indicates “suction/release” technique.
3. Single X’s appear over the sinuses and the point between the eyes. These are areas to “park the cup” for a short time, or pump and release a few times over the same point.
4. The long arrows indicate a long slide that is done with constant negative pressure (pull the cup gently away from the face when gliding).
5. Very important- after draining each coded section to the side of the face, move the drained fluids down the side of the face, down the neck and across the clavicle.
6. Treat lines and wrinkles by “parking” over the line. Lift and stimulate while maintain suction.
7. Treat one side of the face first.
8. Treatment time should be 5-15 minutes. Slower movements drain more fluids, faster movements are improving circulation and collagen.
9. Have fun and play.
1. Begin at the base of the ear and move down the neck and across the bottom of the clavicle using a suction/release method. Do the three passes in the group (1) area and repeat the pattern three times.
2. Begin low underneath the chin and glide over to the jaw at the base of the ear. Move up and do the next two glides, the third should be just under the jaw line. Repeat the pattern three times. Pick up what was deposited from group (2) at the base of the ear and drain down the neck using suction/release.
3. Glide from the chin over to the side of the face. Do the three glides in the group (3) section, repeat three times. Drain down the side of the face and down the neck using suction/release.
4. Work over the upper lip and pause over any lines or indentations to lift. Finish with a long glide to the side of the face. Repeat three times in group (4).
5. Pause over the sinus, then continue with a glide to the side, repeat 3 times in group (5). Finish with drainage down the side of the face, down the neck and across the clavicle.
6. Move to the point between the eyes, hold with suction to release that muscle. Do three glides on section (6), repeat three times. Suction/release down the side of the face and neck.
7. Begin at the center of the forehead and move across section (7) slowly to release the frontalis muscle. Follow the three gliding paths, repeat three times. Suction/release down the side of the face and neck.
8. Starting at the inside of the eye orbit, suction release slowly across the top of the orbit to move fluids to exterior corner of the eye. Get as close to the eyeball as possible. Glide the cup down the side of the face. Next, suction release under the eye, getting as close as is comfortable. Repeat section (8) three times.
9. Suction in place for as long as it will hold. Move the cup over lightly towards the outer end of the brow and repeat. Keep repeating until the end of the brow. Do this pattern on section (9) three times. Suction/release down the side of the face and neck.
Repeat these patterns on the left side of the face. Check at the end for any areas that need extra attention.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.